Anyone with traditional dentures knows that they can be quite a hassle. Enter dental implants. Longer lasting, easier to maintain, and faster to get than ever before thanks to teeth in a day. They are an excellent alternative to traditional cemented-in-place dentures. Unfortunately, not enough people know about their benefits and overlook them because of misconceptions.
What Exactly Are The Benefits of Implants?
Though there are a good number of benefits, they mean nothing if nobody knows them. Talk to your dentist or periodontist about your options. Many offices, like Cobble Creek Dental in North Ogden, UT, offer the most advanced procedures for dental implants. What can you expect to gain from implants?
1) First off, they’re a long term solution. While dentures can look nice, they don’t function like real teeth. They need to be taken care of daily for cleaning, they’re uncomfortable, and they are ineffective for chewing, unlike dental implants. Dr. Ariel Trujillo of Arizona Periodontal Group in Phoenix says these implants will last most patients for a lifetime. You can eat with them, speak with them, and even brush them just like natural teeth.
2) You can get dental implants in just one day. With Teeth-in-a-Day, you simply need to go to your initial appointment, then get your brand new smile at your next visit. This eliminates the need to base your entire schedule around getting implants, and provides yet another reason you should get them.
3) They provide health benefits, as well. The gums are maintained better, which allows them to fight infection. And if the gums are healthy, the chance of getting oral disease drops significantly. Along with this, the jaw won’t deteriorate, preventing any bone loss that may have occurred from missing teeth. Having teeth anchored in the bone, even if they’re not natural, will keep the jaw from losing mass and becoming unable to support other teeth. Any dentist would prefer to keep natural, healthy teeth as long as possible.
4) You don’t have to worry about cosmetic issues. Implants, whether it’s just one tooth or an entire mouth, look and feel completely natural. With dentures, you constantly have to worry about them slipping out of place or even falling out. Not with implants. They stay in place and won’t ever fall out.
5) When you get implants, you’re getting a longterm solution to missing teeth. They are just like your old teeth, and you’ll always be able to keep them. With dentures, you may have to replace them if anything happens to them. This can leave you toothless for a few days; definitely something nobody wants. Implants won’t fall out, you won’t need to fix them, and they won’t look different than your original teeth.
With all their benefits, there is no reason not to switch from dentures. You will find implants are no different than your other teeth, and will be able to enjoy your smile like never before.